TERMS OF SERVICE
Thank you for visiting GLLLP.ca. Please read these Terms of Service carefully, as your continued use of our Service indicates your agreement to this document.
Throughout this Agreement, we may use certain words or phrases, and it is important that you understand the meaning of them. The list is not all-encompassing and no definition should be considered binding to the point that it renders this Agreement nonsensical:
“Agreement” refers to these Terms of Service;
“GLLLP” refers to our business, known as Gobin & Leyenson LLP; our Site; our Service; or a combination of all or some of the preceding definitions, depending on the context in which the word is used;
“Service” refers to the services that we provide through our Site, including our Site itself;
“Site” refers to our website, www.glllp.ca;
“User” refers to anyone who uses our Service, including general visitors to our Site;
“You” refers to you, the person who is entering into this Agreement with GLLLP.
3. What GLLLP Offers
Gobin & Leyenson LLP is a firm of paralegals licensed and in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada, continued as the Law Society of Ontario. Our firm provides various legal services within our authorized scope in accordance with the Law Society Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. L.8, and the by-laws made under said Act.
In order to use our Service, you must meet a number of conditions, including but not limited to:
· You must not be in violation of any embargoes, export controls, sanctions, or other laws of Canada or other countries having jurisdiction over this Agreement, GLLLP, or yourself. For example, if the Special Economic Measures Act, S.C. 1992, c. 17, prohibits GLLLP from conducting transactions with you, you must not use our Service.
· You must have the legal capacity to enter into a contract, including this Agreement, in the area in which you reside.
· You must provide us with personal information and other information that we deem necessary to provide you with our Service.
5. Rules of Use
You must not:
· Violate the laws of Canada, the Province of Ontario, or any foreign political entity having jurisdiction over this Agreement, whether or not the foreign political entity is a country or a subdivision (such as a state or province) or municipality (such as a city, town, county, or region) of a foreign country.
· Send anything violent, threatening, pornographic, racist, hateful, or otherwise objectionable according to the opinion of GLLLP.
· Infringe on anyone’s intellectual property rights, defame anyone, impersonate anyone, or otherwise violate the rights of a third party.
· Hack, crack, phish, SQL inject, or otherwise compromise the security or integrity of the GLLLP Site, Service, or its Users’ computers.
· Do anything else which could bring GLLLP into disrepute or violate the rights of any person.
6. Our Copyright
You agree not to copy, distribute, display, disseminate, or otherwise reproduce any of the information on the Site without receiving our prior written permission.
“GLLLP” and “Gobin & Leyenson LLP” are phrases used by us, GLLLP, to uniquely identify our Site, Service, and business. You agree not to use this phrase anywhere without our prior written consent. Additionally, you agree not to use our trade dress, or copy the look and feel of our Site or its design, without our prior written consent. You agree that this paragraph goes beyond the governing law on intellectual property law, and includes prohibitions on any competition that violates the provisions of this paragraph, including starting your own competing website or business.
8. Revocation of Consent
We may revoke our consent for your use of our Service, or any other permission granted to you under this Agreement, at any time.
9. Copyright & Trademark Infringement
We take intellectual property infringement very seriously. If you believe that your copyright or trademark has been infringed by our Service, please send us a message which contains:
· Your name.
· The name of the party whose rights have been infringed, if different from your name.
· The name and description of the work or mark that is being infringed.
· The location on our website of the infringing copy or mark.
· A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the intellectual property described above is not authorized by the owner of the intellectual property (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property) and is not otherwise permitted by law.
You may sign and date this notification and fax it to us at +1 (905) 240-5558.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any claims by you or any third party which may arise from or relate to this Agreement or the provision of our service to you, including any damages caused by your use of our Site or acceptance of the offers contained on it. You also agree that you have a duty to defend us against such claims and we may require you to pay for an attorney(s) of our choice in such cases. You agree that this indemnity extends to requiring you to pay for our reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and disbursements. In the event of a claim such as one described in this paragraph, we may elect to settle with the party/parties making the claim, and you shall be liable for the damages as though we had proceeded with a trial.
11. Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws in force in the Province of Ontario, Canada. The offer and acceptance of this contract are deemed to have occurred in the Province of Ontario, Canada.
12. Forum of Dispute
You agree that any dispute arising from or relating to this Agreement will be heard solely by a court of competent jurisdiction in the Province of Ontario, Canada.
If you bring a dispute in a manner other than in accordance with this section, you agree that we may move to have it dismissed, and that you will be responsible for our reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and disbursements in doing so.
You agree that the unsuccessful party in any dispute arising from or relating to this Agreement will be responsible for the reimbursement of the successful party’s reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and disbursements.
13. Confidentiality and Paralegal-Client Relationship
You agree that information submitted to us via our Site may not be subject to paralegal-client confidentiality. You should not provide any information to GLLLP unless and until GLLLP is able to conduct a check confirming that no conflict of interest exists between GLLLP, its clients, and you. Should you fail to comply with this provision and GLLLP owes a duty to a party opposed in interest to you or has interests opposed to yours, information that you provide may be used against you.
You agree that you will not submit information via our Site if you are already a client of GLLLP. Please contact us via e-mail or telephone if necessary.
You agree that your submission of information through our Site does not create a paralegal-client relationship or impose any duty upon GLLLP to act on your behalf unless GLLLP expressly undertakes to do so. Unless otherwise stated, GLLLP is not engaged as your legal representative and does not act to preserve or defend your interests.
14. Force Majeure
You agree that we are not responsible to you for anything that we may otherwise be responsible for, if it is the result of events beyond our control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, insurrection, riots, terrorism, crime, labour shortages (including lawful and unlawful strikes), embargoes, postal disruption, communication disruption, unavailability of payment processors, failure or shortage of infrastructure, shortage of materials, or any other event beyond our control.
In the event that a provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, conflicting with another provision of the Agreement, or otherwise unenforceable, the Agreement will remain in force as though it had been entered into without that unenforceable provision being included in it.
If two or more provisions of this Agreement are deemed to conflict with each other’s operation, GLLLP shall have the sole right to elect which provision remains in force.
GLLLP reserves all rights afforded to us under this Agreement as well as under the provisions of any applicable law. Our non-enforcement of any particular provision or provisions of this Agreement or any applicable law should not be construed as our waiver of the right to enforce that same provision under the same or different circumstances at any time in the future.
We may amend this Agreement from time to time. When we amend this Agreement, we will update this page accordingly. You must read this page each time that you access our Service, and your continued use of our Service shall constitute your acceptance of any such amendments.
18. Regulatory Complaints
Gobin & Leyenson LLP is governed by the Paralegal Rules of Conduct, as published by the Law Society of Upper Canada (continued as the Law Society of Ontario) and amended from time to time. Should you wish to complain about the conduct of Gobin & Leyenson LLP or any of its licensed partners or staff, you may find out more about the complaints process by visiting www.lso.ca.
19. California Users and Residents
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1789.3, any questions about pricing, complaints, or inquiries about Gobin & Leyenson LLP must be addressed to our agent for notice and sent via certified mail to that agent. For our agent’s most current contact information, please fax a request to +1 (905) 240-5558.
Lastly, California users are also entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
Last Modified: November 20, 2019
Ask Us About
- Criminal Defence
- Civil Litigation
- Small Claims Court
- Motor Vehicle Accidents & Personal Injury
- Provincial Offenses